Camp Bisco X Artist Preview: the NEW DEAL

For the past five years, come Summer time, there is always one thing I look forward to and that one thing is Camp Bisco.  It is and has been my one true summer love and will continue to be as long there is the festival.  There is one aspect of the festival that has always stood out in my opinion, and that is the NEW DEAL.  It would be hard to think of Camp Bisco without at least one of the members being there to play some music.  Unfortunately, this year may be the last time I am able to witness the three of them together on stage as the NEW DEAL moniker they have so proudly represented since forming in 1998.  tND is Jamie Sheilds(Keyboards), Dan Kurtz(Bass), and Darren Shearer(Drums, and one of my first interviews with buffaBLOG).  

Just recently the boys publicly announced via their website  that this summer and fall run will be their last as a band.  There sudden departure from each other stemmed from solo projects they all had, and the time and commitment that it takes to keep a band together was no longer available.  I believe this quote best sums up why they must separate, "As a group, we’ve never been known to go halfway, so we have decided to end things with a great run of summer and fall shows that we hope to be the best yet." I have the upmost respect for a band, who knows when it is time to call it quits and not string their fans along.  As sad as it may make me to see them go, I know I will get to see them separately which makes for even more amazing music and their legacy will live on through their devoted fans.  

The three of them have opened up the music scene to a new type of electronica that not too many have witnessed before.  The magic that happens on the stage when the three of them are feeding off each other and then indulging off the vibe coming from the fans can not be explained in words and must be experienced in person. The heart pounding bass, the dance inducing synthesizers, and trip hop drums come together to form what is the NEW DEAL, and when their set comes at Camp Bisco and it is finally time to say goodbye, I will be right up front bidding them farewell with the rest of their amazing fans.
~cs

The New Deal - Gone Gone Gone (2003) - Senza Te by sdizzzle




0 comments

Post a Comment