Picking Up the Slack for MTV: Balmorhea


I love reading the A.V. Club.  Not a day goes by that I don't find an extremely witty post on a horrible television show getting axed/picked up or come across some great list of obscure films.  And they know music too.  Just this Wednesday, they posted the new video from Austin's Balmorhea, who just played Mohawk Place in mid October, for their new single "Days," the nearly 9 minute opening track off their latest album Stranger.  

Now personally, the act of surfing is never and will never be something that interests me.  I have no balance and I am convinced I will either be eaten by a shark or destroyed by a coral reef after a wave knocks me off the board.  But watching surfing, now that I can do.  It's just so peaceful and relaxing.  Watch Endless Summer if you don't believe me.  And if it's your thing too, then this video is for you as sun drenched shots of crashing waves and coastal life back the gorgeous instrumental track, looking like a filtered Instragram photo come to life.  Now if you will excuse, I'm off to the airport to catch my flight to Costa Rica to see this in person.  Enjoy the snow!


mac mcguire

0 comments

Post a Comment