Artist Spotlight: Greenwood Sharps


I saw electronic artist Greenwood Sharps at The Macbeth in East London. And, if anything kept me on my two feet that evening (ie. beer residue, gum, and other miscellaneous bar textures that function as floor adhesives), Greenwood Sharps nocked me down. My subconscious was literally dominating. I had to sit.

“It’s about the music, “ said by the man behind Greenwood Sharps, as he deflated my typical interview questions geared more towards his story.  Fact learned: It’s not his or anybody’s story. 

I found his anti-egotism cool and refreshing, something which I find to be a theme in Greenwood Sharps’ tracks. Somehow Greenwood Sharps has a positive disconnect with other music that spawned out from ripples that began in L.A. and other sections of London (The cause for the disconnect being honesty and Greenwood Sharps’ genuine-sound-reflex tendency). As computer aid-ed as it is, Greenwood Sharps’ tracks sound as if to come from a soul rather than a few well-worked parts. 

Stream Greenwood Sharps' Things Familiar freely or download at a small cost.  Start with "Leucosia," my favorite.






0 comments

Post a Comment