Listener's Digest: Pulp Only Edition


So I was all set to not post any new music until after the new year. I figured at that point everyone would have had their fill of year end lists and would be thirsting, THIRSTING, for me to bring them the new and never heard. However, something came along that shook me from my slumber (read: I started to feel bad about not having anything to post...the guilt...the guilt), and that something was Pulp. The legendary Britpop band recently reunited for a tour this year and finished this reunion by rerecording a demo from 2000, "After You." This time, the band recorded this with James Murphy. The result is a 5 minute blistering song, which gradually builds to a fever pitch by the end and that seems to benefit greatly from Murphy's production. Although I generally do not hope for bands to reunite after a perfectly full career, this track left me hoping they would record more and keep Murphy as their producer.

Michael Torsell

0 comments

Post a Comment