I've been neglecting these posts lately, mostly due to the fact that I rarely find music videos that aren't animated or feature a serial killing Jake Gyllenhaal all that interesting anymore. Sarah Ramey a.k.a. Wolf Larsen has made me eat my words with the stunningly directed video for "If I Be Wrong", taken from her album Quiet at the Kitchen Door. Director Pete Lee was tasked with providing a "simple video" for the 7 and a half minute ballad that wasn't originally intended to feature the singer. What resulted is a gorgeous exercise in dolly work, lighting and projection accompanied by zero computer generated effects. Lee, a director most known for Hong Kong style fight choreography (he recently directed Aesop Rock's "ZZZ Top") proves remarkably capable at expanding his boundaries. Keep your eye on him.
gorman,
picking up the slack for mtv,
wolf larsen
—
I've been neglecting these posts lately, mostly due to the fact that I rarely find music videos that aren't animated or feature a serial killing Jake Gyllenhaal all that interesting anymore. Sarah Ramey a.k.a. Wolf Larsen has made me eat my words with the stunningly directed video for "If I Be Wrong", taken from her album Quiet at the Kitchen Door. Director Pete Lee was tasked with providing a "simple video" for the 7 and a half minute ballad that wasn't originally intended to feature the singer. What resulted is a gorgeous exercise in dolly work, lighting and projection accompanied by zero computer generated effects. Lee, a director most known for Hong Kong style fight choreography (he recently directed Aesop Rock's "ZZZ Top") proves remarkably capable at expanding his boundaries. Keep your eye on him.
Picking Up The Slack For MTV: Wolf Larsen
I've been neglecting these posts lately, mostly due to the fact that I rarely find music videos that aren't animated or feature a serial killing Jake Gyllenhaal all that interesting anymore. Sarah Ramey a.k.a. Wolf Larsen has made me eat my words with the stunningly directed video for "If I Be Wrong", taken from her album Quiet at the Kitchen Door. Director Pete Lee was tasked with providing a "simple video" for the 7 and a half minute ballad that wasn't originally intended to feature the singer. What resulted is a gorgeous exercise in dolly work, lighting and projection accompanied by zero computer generated effects. Lee, a director most known for Hong Kong style fight choreography (he recently directed Aesop Rock's "ZZZ Top") proves remarkably capable at expanding his boundaries. Keep your eye on him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments
Post a Comment