Tomorrow: Allentown Art Festival



One of my favorite festivals of the Buffalo summer is nearly here as the 54th Annual Allentown Art Festival kicks off tomorrow morning.  Vendors span Delaware Ave from North to West Tupper, including some side streets along the way, selling paintings, jewelry, ceramics, and most other forms of art you can think of.  Those who have been to the festival in the past know how packed it gets there, so get there early, like I do, in order to avoid the crowd and the heat.  Nothing is worse than packing in a small tent to look at a drawing when the humidity has become insufferable.


The best spots for finding something a little unusual at the festival is going west down Allen towards Wadsworth or going east on Allen to Franklin.  It seems like the more off beat pieces are usually down there.  It was on Franklin years back that I found my very favorite piece that I have purchased from the festival:  a mounted painting of Sam Jackson's Jules Winnfield enjoying a Royale with Cheese from Pulp Fiction.  Now if I could only find a Vincent Vega, Mr. Wolfe, or even a Gimp painting from the film to go along with Jules, I will be in business.  The 54th Annual Allentown Art Festival runs this Saturday and Sunday from 11:00am - 6:00pm. 
                                                                                                      ~mm



0 comments

Post a Comment