The Drum Machine Report

Welcome to the Heat Dome! That’s what weather experts are dubbing this giant hovering bubble of heat and humidity slowly traveling over the Midwest to the East Coast. It’s the kind of heat that makes you feel like a stick of Taffy stuck to the asphalt. Perfect weather for the Tropical movement of Buffalo. Lets face it, when the sea levels rise, and global climate shifts, Buffalo will become a lake/beach tourist destination! I can pretend. Join the movement. What a perfect weekend to start with. TDMReport has you covered with the hottest, I mean coolest parties in Buffalo


friday 7/22

SUMMER VIBE

6p-10p Free

10p-4a $3/21+ $5/18+

SOCIAL

228 franklin st. Buffalo, NY

It’s called keeping up with the times. Staying fresh with ideas, styles, and culture. That is exactly what you will be doing if you head over to Social tomorrow night for the first SUMMER VIBE presented by SwaggleRock and Queen City Cartel. The event will be centered around having an indoor/outdoor party transitioning from day to night and featuring summertime music such as Moombahton, Tropical, Dancehall, and House/Electro. I have been waiting for this event for a month now, because, in case you haven’t noticed I’m all about the Moombahton. It is my favorite kind of music to dance to at present. When Dom from SwaggleRock first told me about the idea, I encouraged him with full marks. This national trend of Moombahton is about turning the nightclub into a dancehall by the beach. We’re about to do that in Buffalo too. I encourage you greatly to come check out the following talented individuals and get wet, wild, and crazy kids.

BONES:MEDISON:SWAGGLEROCK:BROTHERBEAR:SMOOTH:MARIO BEE:GNP


+frosty tone dubstep+

THE SPIT BROTHERS

10p-4a

$3/21+

DBGB’S

253 allen st. Buffalo, NY

The Spit Brothers from San Francisco return to DBGB’s tomorrow night for another banger set of live dubstep. Last time they rocked the floor at DBGB’s and got lots of people very excited. I thoroughly enjoyed their set, and when I heard they were coming around again, I checked out some of their releases. Pretty damn good; very West Coast sounding. If the tropical ting is not your vibe, then the Frosty Tone crew has you covered with a full tablet of bass music from DJs POTENT J:BETA:BIG BASHA:JOLLY WAILER:THE VERDICT: LOKI:STUNTMAN.

The Spit Brothers Tracks by Dubsworth/TheSpitBrothers

Friday Night Riot

10p-4a

Free 21+ $5/18+

BAYOU

79 w. chippewa st. Buffalo, NY

If you want to hear some awesome House music up in the club, make Bayou a pitstop on your debaucheries tomorrow evening. This Friday will feature resident badass SUNGLASSES MIKE along side Buffalo favorite 3PO. This duo will combine their powers to deliver a funky ass night of club music!

3PO "May 2011 Mix" by 3PO


saturday 7/23

DUB CHRISTMAS: QCC X-MAS IN JULY

10p-4a

$3/21+

DBGB’S

253 allen st. Buffalo, NY

What? Ok! I guess its time to celebrate Christmas in July. Am I supposed to feel colder? Maybe once the subterranean

bass drops and takes me underground into the caverns leading to Santa’s workshop. Remember this is Dub, as in NOT Dubstep. Original pon di floor tunes, stuff like Mad Professor, Mikey Dread. That stuff. Feel the riddim’ Feel the rhyme, bring the reggae DJs, it’s Christmas time! THE VERDICT:TIGER:STUNTMAN:BIG BASHA


STAR LIGHTS

8p-11p

$40/21+

BUFFALO MUSEUM OF SCIENCE

1020 humbolt pkwy. Buffalo, NY

Wanted to briefly mention this unique event. Star Lights is a star gazing and wine/beer tasting party atop the Buffalo Museum of Science. On the top floor and roof of the museum exists the Buffalo Astronomical Association. If you have never been up there before, it is a very very cool spot. This will be a very cool event to attend if you got the funds. Especially because they filled the bill of DJs with MARK KLOUD, PERCEPTOR, and DHARMA LAB. I hope they don’t scare any yuppies to badly with the psychedelic stuff.

Mark Kloud - Absence of Light (dubstep mix) by markkloud


monday 7/25

RINSE

8p-12a

www.waxmuseumradio.com and

Broadcasting live from: GUERILLA GALLERY

1109 elmwood ave. Buffalo, NY.

TEMPERS ROUGE:E-MISSION:NOTIXX:STUNTMAN

Stuntman - July 2011 Weekend Promo by Stuntman !!!


If the Heat Dome is here to stay for the Summer, Buffalo is ready. We can do Summer just as good as we do Winter. Shit, we’re even celebrating Christmas in July. Crazy! Let’s get hot and sticky together this weekend, then cool off at the beach on Sunday. Much love.

~jw

0 comments

Post a Comment