Two things you may or may not known about me. One is I have an unhealthy obsession with Bon Iver's new self titled album. Just listen to practically any episode of buffaBLOG Radio and I will most likely be in full swoon. The other thing is I went to Iceland this summer. How are those connected you may ask? Well, Bon Iver just released the new music video for song of the year contender (in my opinion at least) "Holocene", and the video was shot completely in Iceland, in particular, the region of Vik on the south-east side of the island. My travel friend and I made our way through Vik in hopes to having some puffin, a delicacy of Iceland, but found out the cute little bird had been placed on the endangered species list and was not available for meals(what gives?!). While I just just got back from the trip a little over a month ago, I am already in full nostalgic mode watching the video, although our weather was not as pleasant during our time in Vik. The stark landscapes, the eerie yet beautiful black sand beaches, and breathtaking waterfalls provide the perfect compliment to the gorgeous song. Enjoy.
bon iver,
mac,
picking up the slack for mtv
—
Two things you may or may not known about me. One is I have an unhealthy obsession with Bon Iver's new self titled album. Just listen to practically any episode of buffaBLOG Radio and I will most likely be in full swoon. The other thing is I went to Iceland this summer. How are those connected you may ask? Well, Bon Iver just released the new music video for song of the year contender (in my opinion at least) "Holocene", and the video was shot completely in Iceland, in particular, the region of Vik on the south-east side of the island. My travel friend and I made our way through Vik in hopes to having some puffin, a delicacy of Iceland, but found out the cute little bird had been placed on the endangered species list and was not available for meals(what gives?!). While I just just got back from the trip a little over a month ago, I am already in full nostalgic mode watching the video, although our weather was not as pleasant during our time in Vik. The stark landscapes, the eerie yet beautiful black sand beaches, and breathtaking waterfalls provide the perfect compliment to the gorgeous song. Enjoy.
Picking Up the Slack for MTV: Bon Iver
Two things you may or may not known about me. One is I have an unhealthy obsession with Bon Iver's new self titled album. Just listen to practically any episode of buffaBLOG Radio and I will most likely be in full swoon. The other thing is I went to Iceland this summer. How are those connected you may ask? Well, Bon Iver just released the new music video for song of the year contender (in my opinion at least) "Holocene", and the video was shot completely in Iceland, in particular, the region of Vik on the south-east side of the island. My travel friend and I made our way through Vik in hopes to having some puffin, a delicacy of Iceland, but found out the cute little bird had been placed on the endangered species list and was not available for meals(what gives?!). While I just just got back from the trip a little over a month ago, I am already in full nostalgic mode watching the video, although our weather was not as pleasant during our time in Vik. The stark landscapes, the eerie yet beautiful black sand beaches, and breathtaking waterfalls provide the perfect compliment to the gorgeous song. Enjoy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






Really great video. I was also in Iceland last month so this did the same thing to me. Beautiful country.