Teen Rapper BeeAy Strikes Again

 
Nineteen-year-old BeeAy is back with his newest EP, Since I Left Home, a fantastically commendable effort. Using beats fairly purchased from producers MF DOOM, Relta, Lowbrow the Hypnotic, Rob Fel, and AyoDlo, this short work packs a wallop with full, layered sounds tracks serving as the undertone for BeeAy's self-assured swag. 

Beginning with an MF track was a smart move. The distinct style of MF DOOM is immediately recognized (even backwards) for any fans out there. He cut the final loop of DOOM's "Rapp Snitch Knishes" and threw it in reverse for the title track.

BeeAy's eclectic influences shine through again and again-- every other song a derivative of another style. East coast, southern, West coast, and whatever else he wants in between. I hear everything from Deltron 3030 to Dead Prez to...well, BeeAy.

Congratulations, kid. You got me hooked again and head infectiously bobbin'. Now, we'll cut right to it, and I'll continue rotating this EP heavily.

By the way, nice Dr. Lipshitz/Rugrats reference in "Paintin' Visions."




0 comments

Post a Comment