Tonight: Lettuce


Much of what I know about Lettuce is that late last year, my friends - whose taste in music I have complete and total faith in - drove to Pittsburgh to see them play. One of them described their shirt after the concert, and I think I remember the words "soaked," "disgusting" and "I think I almost died" being thrown around multiple times. Tonight they are playing at the Tralf, which seems like an impossibly small venue for them, so prepare to get soaked and disgusting.

Normally, instrumental bands bore me. I realize that completely has to do with my own personal taste, but, sadly, that's how I usually feel. Lettuce is not only the exception to that rule, but the more I listen to them, the more I think I have to re-evaluate things. They really make me want to do my completely awkward, shoulder-heavy shuffle. So, so funky. And who doesn't love a row of horns during a live concert? 

Of course, if you're reading this and you already have a ticket then you know exactly what I'm talking about. If you're reading this and you don't have a ticket I apologize, because the show is sold out. Doors open at 7pm. Good luck on Craigslist.     




1 comments

Post a Comment