Tonight: Sugar City Soul Night Presents Punk Night

 

When I saw the event page on facebook, my eyes lit up.  Soul Night was back!  The usually every other month showcase, which has been ascent since May, of old school soul, funk, R&B, and motown from the great Sugar City DJs at the Elmwood Lounge is one of my absolute favorite events, and the style of music just seems to fit the Lounge perfectly.  But then, I read further:  Sugar City Soul Night Presents Punk Night.  I was not sure what to make of this.  I am not exactly the punk expert, and outside of some of the obvious acts like the Ramones, Stooges, and the Sex Pistols, I can't say I am up to date on the scene, but then again, the guys over at Sugar City known what they are doing, so I will give them the benefit of doubt.  The punk tunes will begin spinning at 10pm tonight.  As always for Soul, er Punk Night, a $5 donation is asked for at the door to benefit future Sugar City events. 


mac mcguire

0 comments

Post a Comment